Follow us:

It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 06:57

All times are UTC + 4 hours

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2017, 22:03 

Greetings to everyone who's interested in traveling and plan to visit St.Petersburg sometime.
In my brief story I will attempt to share with you some cool places worth visiting.
First of all, I suggest that you stay in the city for at least a week since St.Petersburg is a very culturally-abundant city.
It is a former residence of Russian monarchs. Apart from magnificent pieces of architecture the city has the number of various types of events: festivals, fairs, concerts, etc.
In my recent trip in June I was lucky to get on with Scarlet Sails holiday. It's a party for school graduates with fireworks, musical concerts, on Dvortsovaya and an amazing scarlet boat floating along the river Neva.
You can check any fun upcoming events in St.Petersburg during your dates of visit on local websites like kuda-spb.ru or kudago.com.
After such a fun evening with beer and champagne on the embankment near the Hermitage we kept on partying and discovered a groovy bar Zavist close-by.
I'd recommend this one and that is why: I get hell of a good drinks there every time. The barman is sure handy one who adds his personal trait to every ordinary cocktail you get used to. The interiors might look a bit dim and it contributes to the dance shows. Fit, seemingly pro actresses dressed up in fancy garment that excite the eye. It reminds of a French-style cabaret, an excellent place for gentlemen.
If you are in for some top notch-cuisine you don't want to miss restaurant "Montana" on Kirochnaya. It's a bit off Nevskiy prospect but it's worth giving it a shot going this far. It's basically a steak-house with splendid meat chunks and wine. In the evening you get to enjoy music gigs by local artists. The whole atmosphere is sort of wild west which is fun and amusing, especially for kids as one can have a chance in cowboy roulette or some other table games.
A good way to find out about a new unfamiliar environment you happen to be is to explore something authentic and I found this great art-centre on Pushkinskaya street, 10. They say it's a legendary place where soviet musicians, painters and other avant-garde notable figures used to get together. Coming out as a spontaneous union with years by it grew into a certain concept and became a centre of modern arts. It comprises numerous galleries, concert halls and clubs now and possesses a unique collection of work of arts of "unofficial" art of 20th century. Lovers of music can find here a ton of interesting information, photos and even personal belongings of cult rock figures.
Keep in mind that every city of such scope as St.Petersburg is not only about officially popular historic sites. There is a greater astonishing world behind with local authentic venues that genuinely unveils the image of the city!