This year Moscow will turn into an amazing sea of wonders: the streets of the capital will become uncharted islands where everyone will be able to make a Journey to Christmas.
This year the festival “Journey to Christmas” will be held from 18 December, 2015, to 10 January, 2016.
The Christmas fairy-tale will begin on Red Square and fill all pedestrian areas of the capital.
Theatre Square will be transformed into an island of charming sounds, where everyone will become both spectator and participant of musical performances, as well as be able to learn about musical instruments from around the world and buy them.
A gourmet island will stretch along Kuznetsky most street. Visitors will be able to try a variety of dishes made by well-known Moscow chefs.
The area between Manezh Square and Revolution Square will turn into an Island of winter fun. The Russia’s biggest ice slide (7 m high and 100 m long) and traditional trade fair will be located next to Revolution Square.
The Christmas Fair traditionally covers the entire center of the capital. It is considered an ideal spot for picking up traditional Russian handicrafts like fur hats, shawls, hand-crafted Christmas ornaments, etc.
Besides, visitors will be offered to visit a maze of Christmas gnomes, Royal Square, a town of storytellers and an enchanted forest.
This year two more festivals, “Christmas Lights” and “Circle of Light”, will be held within the framework of the large-scale festival “Journey to Christmas”.
– Trade fair on Red Square
– Island of charming sounds on Theatre Square
– Island where dreams come true and The Island of the big magic ball on Manezh Square
– Island of enchanted forest and Island of science on Revolution Square
– Magical forest on Pushkin Square
– Gourmet island and Island of Christmas tree on Kuznetsky most Street
– Royal Square in Novopushkinsky park
– Island of Bethlehem Star on Prechistenka Street
– Island of good deeds on Trubnaya Square
– Island of masks on Kamergersky lane
– Island of Masters and Island of Christmas Wonders on Nikolskaya Street
– Island of Music on Poklonnaya Hill
– Sweet Island on Klimentovsky Lane
– Children area: City of storytellers, the city of champions, Music Box on Tverskoy Boulevard and Tverskaya Square
– Russian Exhibition Center VDNKh
Event cost: Free
Dates of the festival: 18 December 2015 – 10 January 2016