Duration: 2 hours
Season: All year round
Tour type: Exclusive, Museum tour, Soviet era Tour
Tour price: from 4500 rub
Take a break from conventional tourist sites! Get into a Nuclear Power plant and find out what lies behind the power socket.
On Nuclear power plant tour, you will learn about nuclear science and engineering, radiation facts and safety, how the facility is operated, and more!
We arrange visits to the following sites:
1. Obninsk nuclear power plant, the first nuclear power plant in the world. The science city of Obnisk is located at about 100 km southwest of Moscow. The plant produced electricity from 1954 to 2002, then was used as research and isotope production plant. For around 4 years, until the opening of the Sibirskaya Nuclear Power Station, in the city of Tomsk, Obninsk remained the only nuclear power reactor in the Soviet Union. The Nuclear power plant was shut down in 2002 after 48 years of operation. Now it is work as a memorial museum.
2. Museum of Kursk Nuclear power plant. Kursk Nuclear power plant is among Russia’s three most efficient nuclear plants. It has 4 power units – RBMK-1000 reactor. RBMK-1000 is the type of reactor installed at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, situated in Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. Aggregate installed capacity – 4,000 MW.
3. Kurchatov Institute. It houses the world’s oldest operating reactor F-1. When started on December 25, 1946, it became the first nuclear reactor in Europe to achieve a self-sustaining nuclear chain reaction.
All the sites are unique and closed to the general public!
The price of the Nuclear power plant tour: from 4500 rub per person
1 PAX – 15,000 rub
2 PAX – 9,000 rub per person
3 PAX – 8,500 rub per person
4-5 PAX – 7,500 rub per person
6-8 PAX – 5,500 rub per person
9-10 PAX – 4,500 rub per person
The price includes:
– Transfer within a city (Moscow or Kursk)
– English-speaking guide
– Permission to visit the site
The Nuclear power plant tour must be booked at least 45 days in advance!
Each site has its own security procedures and visit regulations.
Other Moscow tours:
Visit the Russian major producer of spacecraft, launch vehicles, rocket stages, and missiles – Rocket and Space Corporation Energia. The world’s first intercontinental ballistic missile and the first artificial satellite were made here. Energia serves as a main contractor for the International Space Station.
Leave the crowds behind and see Moscow from a fresh perspective. Book the Moscow helicopter tour and soar along the Moscow Ring Road. You will fly past Moscow City Skyscrapers, see Moskva river, some of the Stalin’s “Seven Sisters”, Poklonnaya hill, Ostankino television tower, Sparrow hills, beautiful urban and nature landscapes.
Moscow city tour. We offer the lowest price in Moscow! Discover Moscow by foot on one of the many walks, or take a tour by car/minivan or vintage Soviet car.
Moscow Subterranean Walking Tour: explore the untouched Moscow corners walking along the underground pathways. The route runs at a depth of 15 meters in the Moscow water supply system.
With the Moscow layover tour, you will escape the airport and explore a new destination in between your flights.
On the Moscow metro tour, you will see why this metro is called the world’s most beautiful transport system.
Join the Party tour! Guided by expert of pub crawling, participants move from one bar to another, get to know each other, play funny games and contests, get bonuses and cocktails in bars.
Looking for a different way to discover Moscow? Book the Moskva River Cruise and spend an unforgettable time on the snow-white yacht, enjoying delicious food and historical views of the city!
Night Moscow tour. Apart from the most important city landmarks such as Red Square, St. Basil’s Cathedral, Christ the Savior Cathedral, skyscrapers of Moscow Сity, Stalin’s skyscrapers, you will explore the mysterious and little known places of Moscow.