Duration: from 1 hour to 2 days
Season: November – March
Tour type: Adventure, Nature and Wildlife, Winter tour
Tour price: from 10500 rub per person
1. 1-h dogsled ride. Price is 10,500 rub per person. The route goes through taiga. The tour is available from early November to late April.
2. 2-h dogsled ride withount lunch. Price is 13,000 rub per person. The route goes through taiga. The tour is available from early November to late April.
3. 3-hour tour costs 15,500 rub per person. The price includes a nice lunch in the winter forest. The route goes through taiga. The tour is available from early November to late April.
4. Full-day tour is 26,000 rub per person. The price includes a nice lunch in the winter forest. The route goes through taiga. The tour is available from early November to late April.
5. 2-day tour along the Circum-Baikal Railway. Price is 51,000 rub per person. The price includes a lunch on the first day and breakfast on the second day. The route passes over the frozen surface of the Baikal. The tour is available from early February to late March.
The Circum-Baikal Railway is a part of the Trans-Siberian Railway built over 100 years ago. There are a lot of beautifully constructed tunnels and bridges along the way.
On the tour, you will enjoy picturesque views of the winter Baikal, feel the beauty of its transparent ice and be surprised how thick and strong it is. The frozen surface of the Baikal serves as a temporary road, forming a navigable land route. The period of early February to late March is the safest period for a dogsled ride. An experienced guide-instructor will escort you all the way through the trip. The Dogsled Tour along the Circum-Baikal Railway is a challenging but fun adventure.
Description of the Dogsled Tour along the Circum-Baikal Railway:
The tour starts in Listvyanka at about 15.00-16.00. Before the trip starts, you will meet up with dog sled instructor who will introduce you to working with these incredible animals. You will learn the basics of dog care, checking their feet and shoulders, dog massage, sledding and parts of the sled.
After a several-hour dog sledding ride along the Circum-Baikal Railway, you will come to a tourist camp for a dinner and overnight stay. Russian banya will help you relax after the lively day.
The final day begins with breakfast in the camp. After feeding the dogs, the group will start the trip back to Listvyanka. On the second day, the distance will be covered faster. This is the day that you begin to know each dog’s personality and form a bond that only man and dog can understand.
– all group members are actively involved in the tour: dog care, cooking, etc.
– you should bring warm clothes, shoes with non-slip sole, warm gloves, sunscreen, and change of clothes.
The price includes:
– Rent of sled dogs and necessary equipment
– Accommodation in the tourist camp (for 2-day tours)
– Meals (if specify)
– Musher service
– Russian banya (for 2-day tours)
If you combine the transfer and an English-speaking guide, the price is 7,000 rub for both services.
Dogsled tours include a wide variety of choices appealing both to individual thrill seekers and families. For adventurers we arrange a tour by dogsleds with an overnight stay on the Baikal ice and an extended route passing through the taiga (from 60000 rub). Just indicate in the booking form “Comments” what kind of the tour you choose.
1. Combine a Dogsled Ride with Circum Baikal Railway Tour and
get a total of 10% off!
2. Combine Dogsled Ride with Full-day snowmobile tour and
get a total of 10% off!
3. Combine a Dogsled Ride with Irkutsk Tank Tour and
get a total of 10% off!
Other Baikal tours:
If you’re looking for something unique, book Baikal Ice Yachting, luxury and adrenaline fuelled experience! Sail an ice boat over Siberian lake Baikal.
A Real Icy Banya! Such an exotic place actually exists and is located on the shore of Lake Baikal.
Whatever rout of the Full-day snowmobile tour you choose, either through taiga or over frozen surface of the lake, make sure you’ve got your camera with you because the views are breathtaking!
Want to see the Circum-Baikal Railway in winter but afraid of riding over the frozen lake? Take a the tour by hovercraft and enjoy winter views of the Circum-Baikal Railway from its warm and comfortable cabin.
Circum-Baikal Railway tour. Spend a day in a comfortable train moving along Lake Baikal shore by the old railroad through tunnels and bridges built during the Tsarist Russia in 1902-1904.
On the Baikal Helicopter tour, you will see the unforgettable Baikal landscapes and the Circum-Baikal railway from a bird’s-eye view.
Spend your vacation in the Floating hotel “Ecotur” which is located in Chivyrkuysky Bay, the most magnificent bay of Lake Baikal.
Looking for an itinerary for a One-day tour to Olkhon island? It is impossible to see all of Olkhon in one day, but a daytrip can be fun and rewarding.
When you are at Lake Baikal area you can have the unique opportunity to visit a Shaman in Ust-Orda village or on Olkhon Island. You’ll be able to ask the Shaman all your questions and take part in the rituals of the Shamanism.
“Around the Baikal” tour. During this boat tour you will travel by variety of water vehicles watching slowly changing landscapes or getting adrenaline rafting the fast mountain rivers.
One-day Fishing trip on Lake Baikal give you a chance to spend a day enjoing the stunning beauty of the Baikal’s nature and experience the excitement of fishing.
Winter tour to Maloye Morye and Olkhon Island. During the trip you will see landmarks which are not available in any seasons except winter.
On the Baikal Caves tour you will explore several caves and admire their spacious halls and narrow passages, stalactites and stalagmites, crystals of ice and corallits. Most of Baikal caves are even older than the lake!
Hot Springs Arshan tour.A real fairy tale awaits you on Arshan tour! Down caps of treetops, blue, green, black, white ice of Lake Baikal, sun, walk along the lake on foot and by car, hot springs with amazing views of the majestic snow peaks bring resemblance to the Swiss Alps and Tibet at the glance of a globe rover.